2nd Lifetime Achievement Award – February 2013
Nominations are open!
About the ADAD Lifetime Achievement Award
The ADAD Lifetime Achievement Award honours the outstanding contribution made by individuals to the practice and appreciation of African Diaspora dance in the UK and beyond.
Spot light on dance of the African diaspora
ADAD are the only organisation to honour contributions to dance of the African diaspora in the UK. In 2011 ADAD was proud to honour Jamaican-born dancer-choreographer and cultural activist Jackie Guy for his contribution to the international cultural sector through his knowledge of Caribbean dance and music forms, and through his choreographic works.
Have your say
ADAD invites you to nominate an outstanding senior figure in the British dance community that has contributed to the development and promotion of dance of the African diaspora.
• The nominee’s body of work in dance should have clearly earned them national and/or international recognition.
• Nominees should clearly demonstrate how their work has impacted on the development of Dance of the African Diaspora in the United Kingdom.
ADAD is a national organisation that supports the practice and appreciation of dance of the African Diaspora. We want dance of the African Diaspora to be visible and valued as part of the British cultural experience. ADAD has a unique role, working on behalf of talented dance artists who are part of the African Diaspora, to support their development and raise the profile of their work.
ADAD exists to:
• Enable artists through continuing professional development.
• Develop new pathways to a sustainable future through education and training.
• Build networks through hosting events and sharing information.
• Foster pride in dance of the African Diaspora through celebrating heritage.
The judging panel is made up of the ADAD Chair and other experts in the field of dance of the African diaspora. The winner should be able to demonstrate the following:
• Excellence throughout their dance career and a body of work.
• Influence in the dance sector.
• Legacy of their work for future generations.
How to make a nomination:
• Nominations for the award should be sent c/o Paula Allen, ADAD, Finsbury Town Hall, Rosebery Avenue, London EC1R 4QT, or via email to email@example.com
• All nominations must be received by 24 August 2012.
• Please include the name of the person nominated, along with a statement of no more than 200 words explaining why this person should win the award.
• Please include your own name and contact details.
• Please state where the person nominated is based and how he or she can be contacted.
If you would like to hear more information about the Lifetime Achievement Award or would consider producing a dance act dedicated to the yet-to-be-named nominees, please contact Paula Allen on 020 7841 7358.
Closing date for nominations: 5pm on Friday 24 August 2012.
Posted by pauline walker, Thursday 5th July, 2012